With the new season just around the corner – EXCITED – there will be plenty of players out there looking for new clubs to join. For those of you who are making the move to London, we’ve put together a list of potential clubs, and their contact details, to make the move a little easier for you!
There are loads of teams currently based in the London area, or nearby, and the list is steadily growing! The 2011/12 season is getting ready to welcome a couple of new teams to the league and (hopefully) a lot more players.
If we have by any chance missed your team out, or if you’re newly-founded and what to be featured, then please don’t hesitate to get in touch! Also make sure that you keep an eye out for our list of men’s teams, coming soon!
Women’s Lacrosse Clubs – SCWLA
- Centaurs – Based at the Lady Eleanor Holles School in Middlesex and currently have one women’s team playing in the Premiership. The reigning champions will return to defend their title in the 2011/12 season. For more information about training times contact Laura Pollard (email@example.com) or Emma Oliver (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Blackheath – The most centrally-based London team, Blackheath currently train near Camden and play in Regent’s Park. The club is one of the biggest in the South and field two teams across the Premiership, Division 1 and Rosebowl leagues. For more information go to http://www.blackheathlacrosse.co.uk/home or email Emily Chong (email@example.com).
- West London – One of the biggest women’s club in and around London, West London currently field two women’s teams across the Premiership, Division 1 and Rosebowl leagues. Based in Putney, the team currently train on Tuesday evenings. For more information go to http://www.westlondonlacrosse.co.uk/ or email Lindsay Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Hatch End Hawks – Based in Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, the Hawks currently play in the Premiership and in the Rosebowl and are currently in the process of introducing a juniors programme. They train on Wednesday evenings from 7.45. For more information go to http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/hatchendhawks/ or email Lara Owen (email@example.com).
- Clapham – Promoted to the Premiership at the end of the 2010/11 season, Clapham currently have one women’s team and play in the Prem and in the Rosebowl. Train on Tuesday evenings at Kennington Park astro, they are one of the most centrally located teams near London. For more information go to http://www.claphamlacrosse.co.uk/ or email me, Charlie Lankston (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Blues – One women’s team who play in the Premiership league and in the Rosebowl. Based in Woodmansterne, Surrey and train on a Wednesday evening. For more information go to http://www.blueslacrosse.com/ or email women’s captain Theresa Whitmarsh (email@example.com).
Harpenden – One women’s team currently playing in the Premiership league. Based in St Albans, Hertfordshire and train at the Old Albanians grounds. For more information email Fiona Gee (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Hitchin – Based in Hitchin, Hertfordshire, the team currently train alongside the men on Wednesday evenings. The women’s team play in Division 1 and in the Rosebowl. For more information go to http://hitchinlacrosse.com/ or email Alison Leigh (email@example.com).
- Welwyn – You’ll find this team based near Welwyn Garden City in Hertfordshire. The club currently fields one women’s Division 1 team. For more information about the team head to www.welwynwarriorslacrosse.co.uk or email Katie Tiley (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Putney – Currently field one women’s team in the Premiership and train on Thursday evenings at the Elliot School in Putney. For more information head to http://www.putneylacrosse.co.uk/ or email Olivia Finch (email@example.com) or Sarah Feurey (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Reading – For those of you based further away from London, Reading is a great club to join. With thriving men’s and women’s teams, the club is the perfect choice for anyone looking to gain some more lacrosse experience. Based at the Prudential Ibis Sports Club on the outskirts of the town centre, the women currently play in Division 1. For more information head to http://www.readinglacrosse.moonfruit.com/ or email Tracy Averies (email@example.com).
- Essex Blades – Based at the University of Essex, the club currently fields teams in Division 1 and in the Rosebowl. Train on Monday and Thursday evenings at the University sports grounds in Colchester, Essex. For more information go to http://www.essexstudent.com/sport/EssexLacrosse/ or email Anthony Barraclough (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Pendley – Based at Berkhamsted Collegiate School in Hertfordshire, this team is home to a number of ex-Berkhamsted players. The team currently plays in Division 1. You can find more information on their website http://www.pendleylacrosse.co.uk/ or email Laura Parkinson (email@example.com).
- Cobham – Another team aimed at young players still at school (U15), providing them with a chance to play alongside older and more experienced players at the weekends. Currently train on Saturdays and play in the Rosebowl on Sundays. Based in Cobham, Surrey. For more information go to http://www.cobhamsports.com/lacrosse or email Tracie Sampson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Reigate Priory Dragonflies – Field one women’s senior team in Division 1, however have an established junior’s program as well. Based in Reigate, Surrey and currently train during the week with a junior’s training scheme on Saturdays. For more information go to http://www.reigatelacrosse.co.uk/ or email Holly McIntosh (email@example.com) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Royal Holloway – The team train at the university sports facilities in Egham, Surrey. Women’s training takes place on Friday evenings and the team are a new addition to this year’s Division 1. For more information head to http://www.royalhollowaylacrosse.co.uk/ or email Kat Bentz (email@example.com).
- Caterham Cougars – An U19 team made up mostly of current or former Caterham pupils. The team currently plays in Division 1 and are based in Caterham, Surrey. For more information visit http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/oldcaterhamianslacrosseclub or email Alex Waterman (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Rosemedians – Field one women’s team in the Rosebowl league and are currently based on Clapham Common. For more information go to http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/rosemeadianslacrosseclub/ or email Dordie Brett (email@example.com).
- Newbury Royals – A new addition to the Division 1 league this season, the team is based at St Bartholomew’s School near Newbury, Berkshire. For more information email Becky Thomas (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Stephanie Webb (email@example.com).